Saturday, September 22, 2007

Raining

Not surprised that it will be raining in London when we get there and raining in Brugge when we get there. I have my umbrella packed in my carry on and 2 light rain coats. I am taking my waterproof shoes. This whole trip is going to be a challenge for a spouse who claims, as we usually leave for sunny climes in the winter, to suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). But I have read that light rain is the normal weather in Belgium any time of the year. The rain is just colder in the winter.
Today we are going to yet another Forest Service retirement party. The old rats are leaving the sinking government ship. Soon there will be no institutional memory left. There might be rain here today. I hope it holds off until after the party, as it is to be in the picnic grounds at Pioneer park and there is apparently no back up plan.

No comments: