Sunday, September 23, 2007

Laptop hitch

Looks like we are going to bring two laptops to Belgium. The Apple did not really get touched until yesterday. Dad tried to put some things on it and it did not happen too well for him. I set up myself as another user and was then going to do the parallel desktop. But being me, I read the whole box exterior first. I found the fine print that said you needed a copy of Windows. We should have thought of that. So we have baulked at the expense. Dad will do as he can with the Apple and I will take the Gigantisaurus Dell. I was hoping to put the Dell in my checked bag, but TSA says no. Practical Goggle answers says, if you do the screen may get broken, it is not insured, but that x-rays do not damage it. Who to believe?

1 comment:

Pooks said...

I check my laptop all the time and the screen has not broken yet. Is it really against the rules to check it or does TSA just recommend no?

I'll be happy to help with the Apple while I'm there when we get to Belgium if anyone needs it.