Sunday, September 2, 2007

Neighborhood

There are vacant homes in the neighborhood. This is supposed to be a sign of decline. The two homes in question, 302 and 350 had some remodeling done and do have occasional yard service, but no one has lived in them for over a year maybe two. In a bad neighborhood that would be a disaster. Dad reminds me that our house will be vacant for 7 months, but Linda and the animals will be here so not really.
Barrys are selling their house. A son is the real estate agent. I wondered what they were going to do, so when I ran into Ben on the street I asked him. He still wonders all over town, but since he was ill, he seems a little loose mentally. He told me they were moving to Tahiti. I don't think so.
The gray duplex across the street has had serial renters lately. The latest crop moved in yesterday.

No comments: