Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Off to Delhi (CA that is)

Off to pick up the nuts (the owner's 50lb) at the farmer's. Discussed that no trees had been planted since 05 because the property was due to be sold. Since the sale just fell through we will try to replant. Too expensive to replant the whole orchard, so we will see about replanting the dead and missing and what dying trees or trees in poor condition need to be replanted. My contention is that I would only have had to pay the cost of the trees to replant in 06, 07, 08 and now 09 so that needs to be taken into consideration.
I went by the farm to take my own rough survey. To my eye and I will count on pics I took there are quite a few missing and dead or down trees. I could see some trees that looked poorly but lots look like very healthy 8-20 year old trees. Looked at the rentals also. The little house looks OK, if you don't count the dog. The big house looks poor. 3 fairly new cars parked outside--nicer than my old beater.
The big house
The little house
Dead and missing trees, but still some good trees

No comments: