Saturday, November 10, 2007

Video taping the race

Jon had given me very long complicated directions for how to make a video of the race right before he left. I wrote it all down, but was still unsure of myself. The directions were complicated by the fact that I did not know what channel the race was on. Both copies of the invaluable Belgian Cyclocross newspaper that we had gotten at the first race had gone missing. These had all the TV channels and times for the races. We blame all missing items on the maids. So at quarter to the start of the race at 3PM, I found the channel. Then the baby pooped. As Leah is changing the baby, a process that involved almost totally undressing him and him sampling the diaper creme, I managed to help her and get the recording started. Then the baby found a mud covered rock that had been left on the coffee table. I had seen it there and had thought, as he did, that it was a cookie crumb. So after he gave me the rock and I washed his mouth out and hands off with a baby wipe that crisis was over. We saw Jon at the start of the race, but maybe the baby and the mud was prophetic. Most of the race was deep in mud and Jon did not finish in the top ten. I hope he finished at all and will update as I know more. But mud is not his preference for a racing medium. But at least the race is on video and my favorite next to Jon, Bart Wellens, won.

Update: I see no Jon in the results, but Chris Jones USA a fellow rider was 38th. more here

Leah and baby ate well at dinner. Baby ate mostly dark meat and an entire mango minus the bruised end. He refused tomatoes and sauteed peppers. Then he had dessert of raisin bread in soy milk. Leah had lots of chicken, some tomatoes and a piece of chocolate. Now they are playing upstairs in the living room. His only nap today was the short one in his stroller and he has not been fussy, so we are not in a big rush to put him to bed as we don't want him waking up in the night.

No comments: