Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday Monday

Leah is off to school. Jon and Cyndi are off on a bike ride. The baby is napping and Wm and I are laptopping. I have planned a Belgian menu for dinner and will go shopping later. We have a lot of carrots on hand so I thought of Courgette and Carrot Soup. Then a meat dish. The butcher shop has turkey parts (kalkoen) so I thought I might try roasting some as I found a Belgian recipe.
No midweek bike race this week. Birthday is tomorrow so we need to go by the pastry shop and reserve the one Leah wants. It is a very pretty confection of cookie and pudding of some sort with a bow tied around it and berries dusted with powdered sugar on top. Will have to get ice cream also. The big gift is the Paris trip scheduled for the 12th with just Cyndi and Leah. The date change was because the train travel is much much more reasonable if booked 2 weeks ahead. I'm not going as the baby likes female companionship as well as DaDa. For the bike races next weekend Cyndi and I are going to split the soigneur duties. I will go to the race and work on Saturday and she will stay home and she will work on Sunday and I will stay home. That way the kids can spend the weekend going to the park and playing etc. I am sure I can learn the soigneur duties fine.

No comments: