Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rat Whisperer


Leah has a new pet rat. Petco was selling only male rats and they did not have any really small/young ones. Medium was the smallest. Leah had wanted a small female rat but now a medium male was fine. So far this is reminding me of how Jon got his first cat--the only scraggly little cat in front of Kmart and that was the one.
Since the rat is not as young as it should have been, it needs more socializing. So I am working with the rat and Leah so that she will be able to easily play with it when I go home.
Obi Wan is very cute with a blond hood and black eyes.

2 comments:

Homemade Toys said...

Wow your rats sound adorable!! Could I possibly use some of your pictures for my new site Rat Info ? If so could you post them on the Rat Forum to let me know I have consent? I would love to add them to out Cute Rat Pictures page!!!

Mimi said...

Well as I mentioned on my facebook page, this rat had to go back to the pet store. I got acute bronchitis and could not spend the time needed to tame this very nervous rat. At another store we got her a rat that was well tamed and used to being handled. I don't think stores should sell untamed rats. It is to much to expect children to be able to tame them.