Friday, May 18, 2007

City of Rocks

5/8/07 We are at City of Rocks a favorite NM State Park. Dad promises to step on no rattlesnakes. We saw a whole herd of antelope on the road in. They were running back and forth as we crept by them taking pictures. Also we have seen rabbits (jacks and bunnies), fat ground squirrels and numerous birds.

I have been checking out the flowers to see what I remembered. I have spotted desert poppies, desert marigolds, purple Tahoka daisy, apache plume rose, claret cup, yellow blooms of prickly pear, desert dandelion, a white mustard (spectacle flower), busters, firewheel daisy, datura, locoweed, purple phlox, ocotillo, globe mallow and fleabane daisy. Also I have seen a few NM or AZ thistle, depending on who is complaining about them. Maybe I will take some pictures.

Firewheels and Busters

1 comment:

Val said...

Mom, I enjoy reading about the adventures of you and Dad. You are quite knowledgeable about your wildflower identification. :)