Saturday, May 17, 2008

Museums at Home

Today was Nevada County Museum Discovery Day so I went to see some museums I had never seen and one I had not seen in a long time. First I went to the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum. Nice old trains very polished and lots of train memorabilia.
It had been many years since I had been in Firehouse #1 Museum in Nevada City and the only part of the exhibit that was the same was the old Chinese altar at the back and they had a new upstairs exhibit area.
Then on to The Grass Valley Museum. I had never been in here and it is quite large. This was at times a convent, a school and an orphanage. Nice exhibits.
Then on to the North Star House. A historic home out old Auburn Road built in 1905 as the home for the superintendent of the North Star Mine. Renovation has just begun but it has a dedicated group working to restore it. Old photo of North Star House

No comments: