Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cooling Down

Finally it is cooling down. After almost a week of temperatures in the 90's I was wondering what the summer had in store. I walked into town today to buy some concert tickets for this weekend at The Center for the Arts. Ticket sales were at Yabobo. They moved a few years ago to the old Herb Shop location next to Friar Tucks. I also went to the Hat Store to buy a new hat for the summer. I found just what I wanted in a blue hat made by The Hat People of Talent, Oregon. Apparently I would be able to buy the same hat at the Oregon Country Fair. But that is not until July and I needed a lighter hat now.
As I headed back I stopped at the South Pine Cafe for a tonic, a delicious mix of fresh squeezed carrot juice, parsley, ginger and garlic. Very tasty. I will treat family to one, if they like, when they are here in June.

3 comments:

Pooks said...

Mmmm, that tonic does sound good. Jon and I would like to pre-order ;)

robbin said...

Sounds good. See you in June. How many will be staying? Is there room for Frank and I?
Glad you made it home safely. :>)
Love,
Robbin

Mimi said...

Plenty of room for all and love to have you all. No Turpens. We will just have to dream of them.