Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

We finished our little 9,600 mile drive on May 3rd by traveling over the Kingsbury Grade and down to Lake Tahoe. The lushness of the Carson River Valley is so evident from our high perch as we chug up over the grade.We stop at the scenic Emerald Bay rest stop, still closed by snow.And see that Lake Tahoe is still a beautiful blue.
We just happen to arrive at the Bridge Tender for lunch. No fries, we are fried out. But Moose Drool Brown Ale on draft sounds good to Bill. Our meal was great, but we were ready to leave. The waitress had left the bill, but we needed change to pay. We waited. Finally I got up and walked to the bar and caught her as she dashed past.
Home at last.
The plant in the entry is dead so I replace it with a few sprigs of the pink dogwood blooming in the back.Out to lunch on Cinco de Mayo at Amigos & Company. We both enjoy the fish taco lunch special next to the rushing water of Deer Creek. I am smart enough to ask for my Bud Lite in a glass. I may have plebeian taste, but I don't have to advertise it. Bill is happy with Negro Modelo on draft.
Dinner is some very good homemade tortilla soup and pecan pie. The soup was great and the pie was very tasty. I just have to work on the baking technique, so it comes out of the pan easier. I think if I not only spray the pan, but also slightly bake the crust before putting in the filling, it would work.

No comments: