Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Veep

I do not want Evan Bayh to be the next VP. He was too much of a cheerleader for the Iraq war. Also if he is VP, his seat will be filled by a Repub Gov with a right wing Repub. We cannot afford to lose a senator. I still hold out hope for Wes Clark, even though he says he is scheduled to be at a dinner in Milan on the 27th. I have signed up to be notified by email, so I will post when I hear. I signed up for a CA seat for Obama's speech on 28th. But I am not holding my breath. I just thought since I was in Colorado it would be nice. I got to hear JFK at the UC Berkeley stadium ever so many years ago.
Update:
I think that the argument against Bayh would also hold against any other senator. You want/need to keep strong figures like Dodd and Biden in the Senate. So a Governor: Some say it would be someone who is already on the convention schedule. Others say that being on the schedule eliminates these potential veeps. So maybe Wm's choice, Bill Richardson, hits the top of the list.

No comments: