Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Kingdom for a Pomodoro

Who could know that grocery stores in Lucca are closed Wednesday afternoons-----or maybe just this Wednesday? I was going to make Tuscan Bread soup, but needed tomatoes and basil. William said he wanted to eat in so wasn't there anything I could do? We are by ourselves here in the B&B. Claudio is in Rome. There are impressions that he is visiting a girlfriend. Marina or Angela shows up in the AM to fix breakfast. Otherwise we are on our own and have full kitchen privileges. So I remembered watching Jon prepare some dish with pasta, garlic, herbs, bread crumbs, Parmesan, and olive oil. I found all that and some capers. So I should be able to make a dish. There is plenty of wine downstairs and fruit and cheese for dessert. Also since we are traveling tomorrow I got William a cute white chocolate heart with milk chocolate stripes for Valentine's day at the Chocolatier next door and will give it to him tonight.

2 comments:

South Yuba Bill said...

Yum! Yum!
My love, for a chocolata!
Grazie!

South Yuba Bill said...

Yum! Yum!
MY KINGDOM FOR A CHOCALATA!
Grazie.