Monday, July 25, 2011

Impossible Vegetable Pie


Every time I decide to make this recipe I have to search my recipe file for it. I keep thinking it is Vegetable Pie. Tonight I made it with about 8 small mushrooms, cut up and placed on top of the chopped onion. I had no green or red pepper so I just left that ingredient out. The other vegetables, slightly cooked, were a leftover 1/2 of a zucchini and some beet greens. Served with a bit of medium hot salsa on the side it is superb. We also had a few baby carrots and sliced tomatoes on the side.

Impossible vegetable pie

2 cups chopped vegetables
Cooked 5 minutes in water and drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper or red pepper (optional)
Mix vegetables in sprayed pan
Top with 1 cup shredded cheese
Mix 2/3 cup baking mix, 3 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1/2 tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper
Pour over vegetables and cheese and Bake 400 degrees 35-40 minutes

No comments: