Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday Market

I caught the Saturday market today at what I call Bicycle Square not far from the house. Cyndi and the kiddos had gone out on their errands. I wanted to try a new direction and was looking for an optical shop further from tourist central. I got my newer glasses, which were damaged in the fall, repaired for free in a nice shop and then noticed that the Square was filled with stands selling everything. I bought another scarf and a purse. I am trying to upgrade to semi-stylish with my new coat. I found a list of the various Market locations and days so we will not miss anymore.

Wednesday (8 a.m.-1 p.m.) on Market square (food)
Saturday (8 a.m.-1 p.m.) on 't Zand square and on Beursplein (food and non food)
Sunday (8 a.m.-1 p.m.) on Ten Briele (food and non food)
Fish market: Tuesday through Saturday, every morning.
Flea market along Dijver and at Fish market: Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m. (15th March-15th November).

It was great watching the cyclocross race on TV so clear. Some of the post race commentary was even in English. Great views of Jon at the start. He is progressing well and was mentioned in the race stories in both VeloNews and CyclingNews.

No comments: